If you have received a password reset email and/or email verification email from Lightspeed that you did not request, your Lightspeed Golf account may be compromised. If you suspect that someone else might be using your Lightspeed Golf account without your permission, here are the steps to secure your Lightspeed Golf account.
1. Change your Lightspeed Golf password
To prevent your Lightspeed Golf account from being further compromised or accessed without your permission, we strongly recommend changing your account password.
Keep your accounts, POS, and other devices secure with strong passwords.
- Never use default passwords
- Do not use the same password for multiple accounts
- Create strong passwords or use passphrases
- Consider using a password manager
To reset your password, follow the steps in this article.
2. Secure associated accounts and software
Now that your Lightspeed Golf account is secure, we strongly recommend securing any associated accounts and software.
- Change the password for the email your Retail POS account is registered with
- Change the password for app integrations that you may use with Lightspeed Golf
- Update your device's software to the latest version
- Update your browser to the latest version