This guide provides detailed instructions on issuing and redeeming rainchecks, an alternative to traditional discounts or refunds. Rainchecks offer a flexible solution for compensating customers due to unforeseen circumstances, such as inclement weather, ensuring customer satisfaction while maintaining business integrity.
Issuing a raincheck
Tax-compliant rainchecks can be set to expire. You can input an expiration date, and the system will automatically check if a raincheck has expired when golfers attempt to use it. Additionally, the expiration date is incorporated into the Business Intelligence reports for improved tracking and reporting.
- Open the reservation in question, and ensure the customer is marked as paid.
- Select the 3 dots button, to the right of the Arrived and No show buttons.
Select the Raincheck button.
- Enter a raincheck amount using a percentage or dollar amount.
- Click Create.
Print or share the raincheck as necessary.
Redeeming a raincheck
All Rainchecks are one-time redemptions, even if there's a balance left.
- Open the reservation in question, that is not already marked as paid.
- Take payment for the reservation, which opens the POS.
- Click the Raincheck button on your sales screen in the POS on Lightspeed Retail.
- Enter the raincheck code by typing it in, or using a barcode scanner.
- Click Redeem.
- Click Confirm.
- The raincheck will be applied as a payment or line item according to how rainchecks are set up.
- Finalize the sale and use another payment type to pay the difference, if applicable.
Business Intelligence reports
When a Raincheck is issued, you will see the raincheck in the Overview and Issued tabs of Business Intelligence. When a Raincheck is redeemed in retail, you will be able to see that the raincheck has been redeemed in Business Intelligence reports. However, it will always show as the full value of the raincheck being redeemed, even if only a portion was used.
See our Staff Operations Webinar for more information.