Lightspeed Golf allows you to manage house accounts from Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) and Lightspeed Restaurant (L-Series).
If the House Account feature with Lightspeed Golf is not active in your account, please reach out to us on the support chat.
Once activated, the House Account feature will consolidate all transactions taking place in Lightspeed Retail and Lightspeed Restaurant overnight and will present them in a monthly statement, as shown in the example below:
Setting up a house account
To set up an account with a credit limit for your customer, follow the next steps:
- In Lightspeed Golf, locate the customer in the sidebar under Customers
- In the profile tab, click on the cash icon for your Lightspeed Retail account. This will open up the customer profile in Lightspeed Retail:
- In the customer profile in Lightspeed Retail, go to Account
- Click on +Create Account Now
- Set a Credit Limit
- Click on Save Changes
- The customer now has account privileges
Charging a house account through Lightspeed Retail (R-Series)
To charge on account with Lightspeed Retail, follow the next steps:
- In the Sales Screen on Lightspeed Retail, make sure you add your customer before completing the sale
- When you have identified the sales items, click on Payment and select the On Account payment method.
Charging a house account through Lightspeed Restaurant (L-Series)
To charge on account with Lightspeed Restaurant, follow the next steps:
- In the Order Screen on Lightspeed Restaurant, click on Pay
- Select the Put on Tab/Member Charge tender
- Find the Customer and select Confirm Payment
- Enter the amount to be charged to the account and select OK
- Please note that all tab transactions that are not cleared up by register closure will be put forward to the member's monthly statement the following morning
- In Lightspeed Restaurant, you can see the total balance of a customer's house account, as well as useful information such as any credit card on file attached to the account. When you bring up a customer to settle a bill, you will see a button called ‘’Account Summary’’. Select that button and select ‘’Continue’’: the account summary of the customer will come up on the iPad. See a screenshot below:
Viewing consolidated house account statements
- In Lightspeed Golf, locate the member in the sidebar under Customers
- Select the customer profile and click the House Account tab
- Select the statement you are looking for
- To print a statement or export to PDF, click on the download icon
- It is important to note that new account transactions will sync and appear on the consolidated statements overnight.
- You can generate a sync at any moment by clicking on the refresh button
- Your members will have access to the same information by logging into their profile on your website.
House account A/R Reports
- In Lightspeed Golf, go to Reports in the navigation bar on the left-hand side
- Three reports focused on house account balances and statements will be available to you:
i. Statements: starting and ending balance of your statements on a given month. You can export monthly statements from that report when the month is over.
ii. Aging Report: status of your receivables on a chosen date by time period.
iii. Balance: current outstanding net balance per customer on a chosen date.
Viewing itemized statements
- You (or your members) can see the details of their pro shop and restaurant account transactions in their statement by clicking the reference ID highlighted in blue and underlined.
- You can also see the detailed items of each transaction on the printed version of the statement.