Issuing a gift card
- In Lightspeed Retail, attach a customer to the sale. It is not mandatory to have a customer attached to the sale to create a gift card.
- Click on the Gift Cards button on your sale screen. Depending on your account, the name and the color of the button could differ.
- In the LoyalAction portal, you have the ability to scan the gift card if you use barcode scanners or type the gift card number.
LoyalAction does not require a specific format for the gift cards nor does it have minimum digits required. The format can also be alphanumeric (for example,
- Enter the gift card amount and click on Create Card
- Once you are back to the Lightspeed Retail screen, you will see a line item with the gift card code
- You can now proceed and take payment for the gift card using the proper tender method
The item in your inventory will be named Gift Card Issued, you will need to assign the item to a specific category.
Redeeming a gift card
- In Lightspeed Retail, attach a customer to the sale. It is not mandatory to have a customer attached to the sale to redeem a gift card.
- Add items to the sale
- Click on the Gift Cards button on your sale screen. It's the same button used to issue a gift card.
- Scan or type the gift card number. Once the gift card is found, it will tell you the balance and the amount that will be used to redeem the gift card.
- Back on the sale screen, you can click on Payment
- If there is a balance left to pay, you can choose any tender method
- If there isn't a balance left to pay, simply click on Finish Sale
On your Payments Received report, it will show as a LoyalAction Gift Cards payment type.