Please see this article for further information about contributing to and redeeming credit books.
Credit books allow courses to collect funds from individual golfers or league players into a group pot and distribute the money as a credit to the winners.
- The Credit Book platform is accessible through Loyal Action. To get a Credit Book account set up, please reach out to your account manager or message our support team. To log into your Loyal Action account, click here.
- Credit book winnings can be redeemed in both Lightspeed Retail and Lightspeed Restaurant. Customers can only contribute to a prize account from Lightspeed Retail.
Credit books consist of two different sections:
- Prize Accounts: this is the event or league account where the money is held. Customers will pay into this account and the winnings will be distributed from this account
- Credit Books: this is where a customer's winnings will be held. When a customer earns money from a prize account they will be given a credit book that will store all their prize account earnings
Setting up prize accounts
- In Lightspeed Retail, you will need to create at least one non-inventory/non-taxable/non-discountable item, which you will associate with a prize account.
- You can create one Lightspeed Retail item per prize account or associate multiple prize accounts with the same item.
- Copy the ID of the retail item you created
- To get the ID, open the item in retail and you will find the ID in the URL
- In the credit book platform, go to Credit Books - Prize Account and choose "Add Prize Account" and "Create" using the information below:
- Label: the name of the Prize Account
- Lightspeed Retail Item ID: the ID you took from the URL in Retail
- Location: choose your retail shop
- Repeat these steps for each prize account you need to create.
- Each prize account item you create will appear in your Lightspeed Retail Inventory
- You will also automatically have a "Credit Book Top Up" item in your inventory
- You can categorize all these items into a generic Credit Book category if desired
- Both the contribution and redemption of a credit book will appear in the Totals Report
- A payment method called "Credit Book Payment" will be used when these credits are used
- You can see this payment method in Retail Settings - Payment Types and select "Show Archived" then Search
- To view this payment type in your reports you must un-archive the credit book payment method
- Customers can view their credit book balance on their online member portal on chronogolf.com under the "Credit Book" tab
- A history report will also show when the winnings were collected and for which prize account they came from