A step-by-step guide to creating tournaments and leagues.
The tournament section can be found under our Events module.
- Ensure you are on the right course prior to setting up tournaments
- Select Events in the sidebar menu
- Click on Add in the top right-hand corner and select "Tournaments"
- Name the tournament, select a date and schedule (number of tee times to accommodate the size of the tournament), and describe the event.
Configuring tee times
- Tee times: Choose between a standard, crossover, shotgun, or custom start.
- Select the interval between each tee time.
Configuring booking options
- Assign the corresponding tournament price sheet or create and assign a new one in the same flow (based on the season, group size, and day of the week).
- Only enable Online Booking if you want players to book themselves online.
The event can be hidden from the booking widget, should you want to make this private. This event will still appear on the booking widget to
Setting a recurrence
- Add the recurrence (if applicable), then configure that recurrence.
- Choose daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Choose the number of instances per day/week/month.
- Select the day of the month (ie. the 15th) or the day of the week (ie. Monday).
- Select the corresponding days.
- Enter the date of the last booking.
In the example below, we have chosen a monthly event that recurs on the first Tuesday of each month for one year.
- In the Events calendar, click on the first instance of the event.
- Select tee times.
- Click on the "+" sign in the fourth slot of the first tee time.
- Enter the player types for the event in question. Player information (if it is available) can be added afterward.
- Clone the booking for the number of necessary groups (6 in total, 5 clones).
Follow this process when adding the bookings should you want to make it easy for your staff
In the example below, we are taking payments for the event, incorporating a meal voucher for some of the attendees:
- Click on the payment icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Check off all the groups.
- Select "Take Payment" to send everything to the POS.
- Once there, click on the quick button configured for your meals (''society'' in the example).
- Select the corresponding meal button (in this case "Main Course" is the choice).
- Enter the number of golfers that will be dining.
- Complete the payment (for this example, we will use cash).
- The golfers will now be marked as paid and arrived in Lightspeed Golf.
Taking payments should follow this flow:
The tournament setup is now complete! In the Events section, the number of players and reservations can be seen on the Tournament's information page.
Additional information is included in this webinar: