To add a secondary menu (top bar menu), you need to visit the Appearance » Menus page in your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click on Create a New Menu
- Enter the Name of the menu (ex: secondary menu),
- Click on Create Menu
- After that check each of the pages you want to add to your menu, and then click on the Add to Menu button.
- Once your pages have been added, you can move them around by dragging and dropping them.
Note: All menus have their items listed in a vertical (top to bottom) list in the menu editor. When you put the menu live on your site, it will either display vertically or horizontally (left to right).
- After adding pages to the menu, select the Secondary Menu in the menu settings, and click on the Save Menu button.