To password-protect a WordPress page, follow these steps:
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- Hover the Pages tab, click All Pages and then click Add New.
- Write your content.
- Under Publish, next to Visibility, click Edit. The post visibility options appear.
- Click on Password Protected.
- The Private option keeps the page hidden from the public completely.
- In the Password text box, type a password.
- Click OK, and then click Publish or Update. Now when visitors go to the page's URL, they must type the correct password to view its content.