Player Types are how we differentiate players so they can receive the proper benefits associate to either their membership or that of a public player.
There are two types of Player Types; Member & Visitor.
Member Player Types: These player types are made to be associate to Memberships (see our Creating Memberships & Services article). Member Player Types also have the options of Viewing the Tee Sheet when booking as well as having access to the Member Directory
Visitor Player Types: These player types are designed for public players.
Player Types have different permissions that can be stipulated when creating a new player type (these permissions can be changed at any time)
- Colour: The colour for this type of player as it will appear on the tee sheet.
- Online Booking (on/off): Whether or not this player can book online
- Booking Range: How Many Days in Advance this player can book (each player type can have a different booking range)
- Opening Time: Time at which an additional booking day is unlocked. (For example, a Booking Range of 1 day and an opening time of 06:00 PM means tomorrow is only available for booking after 06:00 PM today.)
- Requires Affiliation (visitor type only): This player type needs to be assigned by the club for the player to access it (with this turned off any public player will have access to this player type)
- Requires Credit Card (on/off): Turning this on will force the player type to add a valid credit card when making a booking (nothing will be charged)
- Access to Tee Sheet (MEMBERS ONLY): This will allow Members to view the tee sheet up to 7 days in advance, as well as see when other members are playing (public player names will not be shown)
- Access to Member Directory (MEMBERS ONLY): Members will have access to other Member information such as member number, name, phone number and scoring factor
Follow these steps to create a new Player Type:
- Go to the Settings
- Select the Player Types
- Click + Create New Player Type
- Select which type of player you want to create (Visitor or Member)
- Select a colour & set Online Booking permissions
- Click Save
Don't forget that once you have created a new player type you will need to create a price rule for them on your Price Sheets.